Little Mountain Place
Little Mountain Place (LMP) is a 117-residential bed care home for seniors. It is located in the heart of the Little Mountain neighbourhood in East Vancouver, close to the Main Street Corridor and Queen Elizabeth Park. Individual resident rooms are situated on the second and third floors, with the second floor offering a 26-bed Special Care Unit called “The Garden Terrace.” This unit is specially designed as a secured living environment for residents with behavioral symptoms related to Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Residents living at LMP have diverse needs, complex physical and/or mental health needs and come from diverse cultural backgrounds. Our residents are supported to live to their fullest ability through a person-centred approach to care. A large percentage of our residents are of Asian descent, therefore:
• We offer an Asian fusion menu.
• Several Chinese volunteer groups visit weekly to facilitate activities that enhance the quality of life for our Chinese residents.
• Activity calendars are translated in Chinese characters.
Our residents are referred to us through the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority. The Health Authority manages the waitlist for the facilities. For information please view the VCH Residential Care handbook.
The enhanced interdisciplinary team at LMP includes the following roles:
• Primary Care Physician and Nurse Practitioner
• Nurses (Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Nurse Educator)
• Residential Care Aides
• Exercise Care Aide
• Social Worker
• Recreation Programmers
• Music Therapist
If you or your family member has been assessed for Long Term Care and would like a tour of Little Mountain Place, please call 604-325-2298 extension 300 or send an email to email@example.com indicating your name and phone number.
Our Social Worker works:
• Thursday & Friday (8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
• Saturday (10:00 am – 6:00 pm)
Family members and friends are key partners in care and play an important role in a resident’s quality of life. Friends and families are welcome to be present at any time although we do request that visitors respect the privacy of other residents and remain mindful of quieter times in the early morning and later evening hours.
Two rooms are available for families to use for gatherings. There is a resident library/children’s play area on the main floor. This is a great room for residents and their family to visit – especially grandchildren and great grandchildren. Feel free to browse our books, play with toys or use the resident computer to Skype with family and friends who are not able to visit. There is also a resident and family kitchen on the main floor that has a stove, microwave, fridge, table and chairs. Families are welcome to use the room for family events and can reserve the room through the receptionist.
Pets are welcome visitors. We ask the owner to keep the visiting animal under control at all times, so your pet will not be the cause of someone being hurt or falling. Pet owners are responsible for immediate clean up after the pet both within the residence and on surrounding property. We have a resident cat “Gerry” who lives on the main floor of our home as well as an aquarium. Donations are welcome to pay for their food and veterinary services. If you would like to help us in caring for our pets, we would love to have you be part of our pet care team.
• Furnished private room
• Bathrooms equipped with safety features
• Nurse call system and intercom
• Security and safety systems
• Televisions available in lounges on each floor and main floor activity room
• Computer station and free WiFi
• Air conditioning
• Enclosed gardens on main floor and Special Care Unit
• Visiting areas at the end of each resident room wing
• Shop called “The Nook”
• Library/Children’s playroom as well as a resident kitchen and family room
• Walking distance to parks, restaurants, banks, etc.
• 24-hour nursing care
• Weekly physician visits
• Administration of medication
• Three nutritious meals and snacks daily
• Special diets available
• Dental services, podiatry and optometry
• Community physical and occupational therapy
• Recreation programs including on and off-site activities
• Housekeeping and Laundry Services
• Assistance arranging for medical transportation to off-site appointments upon request
Recreation and Leisure Activities
• Arts and crafts
• Bingo, games and cards
• Carpet bowling
• News and discussion groups
• Exercise groups
• Community events
• Holiday and birthday celebrations
• Entertainment and religious services
For an overview of the services we provide to the residents of Little Mountain Place, a copy of our Resident Handbook is available.