Little Mountain Residential Care & Housing Society is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive working environment which fosters cooperation as well as promotes and supports safe and high-quality care, services and programs. We offer a dynamic environment and competitive wages and benefits.
We are continuously looking for dynamic, passionate people who are committed to bringing their best skills and personalities to their work. Individuals who love working with staff and residents of diverse backgrounds and enjoy helping others.
None at this time
Registered Nurses/Registered Psychiatric Nurses
Under the direction of the Director of Care or designated manager, the RN/RPN evaluates, directs and maintains resident care routines including assessment of residents’ physical, psychological and social health and performs other duties as required. Responsibilities include direction of care aides and LPN’s in the provision of nursing care.
Assesses, plans, evaluates, implements and provides direct nursing care for residents consistent with the interdisciplinary plan of care; ensures staff are aware of assignments and reassigns tasks as necessary and collegially shares information with and demonstrates or provides guidance on clinical tasks or health related tasks to Licensed Practical Nurses and Residential Care Aides.
• Graduate of an approved school of nursing with eligibility to practice nursing in the Province of BC.
• Experience in geriatrics or long-term care preferred or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. New graduates are welcome.
• Registration to CRNBC current and in good standing.
Licensed Practical Nurses
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the LPN assists residents with the activities of daily living to meet the needs of the residents. Provides oral medications, catheterizations and sterile dressings. Performs related clerical duties such as maintaining records, answering telephones and other duties as required.
• Graduate from a recognized program for practical nurses and/or B.C. Practical Nurse License or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Registration to CLPNBC current and in good standing.
Under the direction of the RN/RPN/LPN, the care aide assists residents with the activities of daily living such as all aspects of personal hygiene. Assists the RN and/or LPN with nursing duties and the Leisure Department in carrying out other activities as required.
• Grade 10, plus graduation from a recognized long term care-aide program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Registration to BC Care Aide Registry current and in good standing.
Under the direction of the Manager, Support Services, the cook prepares assigned food items by methods such as roasting, frying, grilling, steaming, poaching, boiling, baking and performs cleaning duties such as sweeping floors and cleaning countertops. Performs other duties as required.
• Graduation from a recognized 12-month program in cooking or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Food Safe certification.
Under the direction of the Manager, Support Services, the dietary aide performs a variety of duties within the food service operation such as preparation, portioning and serving of food items, washing and peeling of fruits and vegetables, preparing items such as tea, coffee and toast, and washing dishes and utensils. Sets tables, serves meals and performs other cleaning duties as required.
• Grade 10 or an equivalent of education, training and experience.
Housekeeping and Laundry Aides
Under the direction of the Manager, Support Services, the housekeeping and laundry aide performs general cleaning and sanitation duties, including the cleaning of residents’ rooms, bathrooms, staff rooms, offices and other areas as assigned as well as laundry and operating related equipment. Performs other cleaning duties as required.
• Grade 10 or an equivalent combination education, training and experience.
To apply for a position, please email your resume (Word or PDF format) to the attention of Human Resources. Please insert the position title in the email subject line.
Adanac Park Lodge: firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Mountain Place: email@example.com
Due to the volume of candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that all employees of the Society will have a criminal records check done by the BC Ministry of Justice (or via their membership with their professional association).
We thank you for your interest in Little Mountain Residential Care and Housing Society.