Adanac Park Lodge Updates
March 31, 2021
Dear Family Members and Friends:
We are delighted to share that the BC Ministry of Health has provided an update to the Visitor Policy and Interpretive Guide regarding visitation in long-term care homes, which allow us to offer more options for visitation.
The new guidelines to visitation come into effect April 1, 2021. Below, we have listed some of the changes that will support residents and families/friends with more ways to spend time together safely:
- Social visits are no longer limited to one designated family member or friend. Additional family members and friends are allowed with a maximum of two adult visitors at the same time.
- Every resident is entitled to regular, routine, frequent opportunities for social visitation, ensuring a minimum total of 60 minutes every week if desired.
- Residents may have more social visitors outdoors, in an appropriate location, and in alignment with current provincial health officer guidelines. Infection prevention and control measures (e.g., screening for signs and symptoms of illness prior to every visit, practicing hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette and wearing medical masks) must be followed.
- Physical touch between residents and their visitors is now allowed with infection prevention and control measures in place.
Other practice requirements for social visitation remain in place, including:
- Social visits must be scheduled in advance and tracked for the purpose of contact tracing. Please continue to book your visits through Jennifer Gilchrist at extension 323.
- Visitors are required to be screened, practice hand hygiene, wear a medical mask, and adhere to safety protocols.
More information regarding the Ministry of Health updated guidelines can be found at: http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/Visitors_Long-Term_Care_Seniors_Assisted_Living.pdf
We highly value the need for social connectedness for our residents and visitors and we appreciate your cooperation, patience and understanding as we move forward to maximize social visiting while balancing operational and pandemic requirements.
Please review the attached Safety Plan that will support you to have meaningful and safe visits. We ask for your adherence to the protocols we have implemented to ensure everyone’s well being and safety.
We are committed to keeping you informed of any other changes or updates.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any questions.
We will be implementing these changes slowly and carefully, and as always your patience is so greatly appreciated.
To schedule a visit, please continue to contact Jennifer Gilchrist, Recreation Therapist at ext. 323.
Long-Term Care Manager, Adanac Park Lodge
(604) 299-7567 ext. 345